1786 – Jacob, Jr. built a new house north of the village on Huguenot Street (still standing).
- Josiah, son of Jacob Jr, married Sarah Decker in 1785.
- Involved in local politics, Josiah had a role in the creation of the Town of New Paltz.
- Josiah ran a store in the north front room.
- Significant changes to the house: Fitted shelves into the store (north front) room, Changed Dutch-style windows to 12/12 double hung sashes, Moved / replaced several fireplaces.
1806 – Josiah moved to Plattekill, purchasing the Terwilliger farm; in 1814 built Locust Lawn there.
1811 – Store moved to Main Street – Jean House north room jambless fireplace removed, recessed fireplace in its place with raised paneling added on the fireplace wall.
1822 – Jean House, owned by Levi Hasbrouck (who also owns Locust Lawn), unoccupied for possibly twenty-seven years.
1851 – Renovations took place.
- New, thin-muntin twelve over twelve windows were installed, preserving the earlier oak frames.
- New doors on the south and east entrances; (only the rear door of the center passageway is original, all use original frames).
- A crude room was added on the second floor, suitable for boarding the hired help.
1861 – Levi died and son Josiah inherited the property.
1884 - Josiah Hasbrouck died. His sister, Laura Hasbrouck Varick won control of the estate, and in 1886 partitioned the farm and sold it.
1886 – The house left the Hasbrouck family, purchased by Jesse Elting, a Huguenot history enthusiast.
1893 – Formation of the Huguenot Historical, Patriotic, and Monumental Society, (with the name changed in 1953 to Huguenot Historical Society of New Paltz, NY. Now recognized as Historic Huguenot Street.) The first chairperson of the organization was Jesse Elting.
1899 – Jesse Elting sold the house to the Society for use as a museum – to preserve Huguenot architecture and history. Called the “Memorial House” for many years. Museum displays in the two front rooms.