1721 – Daniel Hasbrouck (son of Abraham the patentee) built what is now the center section of the house as a free-standing stone dwelling.
A one-room plan, it had a basement, first floor and attic space.
This replaced Abraham’s wood-framed house, exact location of which has not been determined.
The village land plot was three acres in size, divided into grazing, garden, and orchard lots. There would have been a barn (for farming equipment as well as milk-producing cows and horses) and wheat barracks on the property.
Additional lands were owned north of the village – an eight-acre mill parcel.
Cattle, hog and sheep were also pastured in lands north of the village. Wheat was grown for income.
1728 – Daniel Hasbrouck added the northern section (after obtaining the property title from his mother). It too is a one-room plan, basement to attic called an opkamer (up-room).
It abuts the north wall of the original section.
Roof ridgeline is slightly higher than the center section.
Basement is finished as a living (kitchen) space, with cooking fireplace recessed in north stone wall. Not accessed from inside the house, it had an exterior hatchway entry (on the west (front) side). The isolation of the basement from the house was intentional, as the basement housed slaves. Records in 1755 identified Daniel having two male and two female slaves above the age of 14.
Upper room was heated by a stove connected to the center section chimney flue via the common wall.
1734 - 1741 – Daniel added the southern section of the house sometime between his marriage to his cousin Wyntje Deyo in 1734 and his mother, Maria Deyo Hasbrouck’s death in 1741. It is another one-room plan. Abutting the south wall of the center section, the west, south and east walls were built.
Oak beams in this section are in poor condition and dendrochronology analysis was limited, thus the date range of construction.
The southern wall of the center (original) section was demolished and replaced with a wood-frame partition (which was altered in the next phase of the house history).
The twelve over twelve sash windows were avant-garde for this time period in the region.